May 24th 2018…Nominations are now open for the 13th edition of Groove Awards with Safaricom through the Groove website www.grooveawards.co.ke that will see the public participate in the nomination process for the first time.
Both the nomination process and award categories have been refreshed to give greater ownership and participation to music fans across the country. The 2018 awards categories have been revamped to take into consideration industry research and insights, better reflect the changing landscape of the local Gospel industry as well as take cognisance of global music trends.
By logging on to www.grooveawards.co.ke between the 24th and 31st of May 2018, fans will have the opportunity to directly nominate their favourite songs and artists.
A full list of nominees will be made available on the 6th of June 2018 at the Groove Nomination Night.
Voting will then be open to the public until midnight on the 23rd of June 2018, and will be followed by the high profile red carpet 13th Annual Groove Awards gala on the 24th of June 2018.
This year, awards will be handed out in the areas of artistry, song-writing, dance, production, and media. The categories are as below; –
· Artist of the Year
· Teens Choice Song of the Year
· Breakthrough Artist of the Year
· Hip-Hop Song of the Year
· Reggae/Ragga Song of the Year
· Praise & Worship Song of the Year
· Collabo of the Year
· Music Video of the Year
· Dance Style/Song
· Media Personality
· HypeMan / MC of the Year
· Breakthrough DJ /VJ of the Year
· Eastern Counties Song of the Year:
· Western Counties Song of the Year:
· Rift Counties Song of the Year:
· Nyanza Counties Song of the Year:
· Central Counties Song of the Year:
· Coastal Counties Song of the Year: