KCPE candidates assured they will be absorbed in form one next year

President William Ruto has assured this year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidates that they will all be absorbed in form one next year.

At the same time, Mr Ruto said the government had already made arrangements for the payment of fees for all those that will be joining secondary schools in 2019.

He said parents would no longer be burdened by fees payment for their students right from form one to form four. “It has been eight years of learning.

I am confident that those were exciting moments for you. I am confident you will emerge victorious in these examinations.

Be assured we are going support you as you join form one,” said the Deputy President. He spoke on Monday morning while addressing the candidates of Musa Gitau Primary School in Kikuyu, Kiambu County.

As part of the government’s plan to provide universal healthcare to Kenyans, Mr Ruto said all secondary school students would also enjoy free insurance medical cover.

He said an array of avenues had been created to allow students pursue different careers.

“The available pathways in academia, technical training institutes, among others would enable our youths to tap into their different talents, thereby impacting positively on the government’s development agenda,” he noted.”