Thierry Henry’s turbulent spell as Monaco boss may soon be over.
The Arsenal legend was handed his first manager’s job just under 15 weeks ago on October 13 when he signed a three-year contract until the summer of 2021.
But after winning just four of his first 20 matches in charge, it seems highly unlikely that the 41-year-old former striker will get the opportunity to see out that deal.
According to The Mirror, Monaco is ready to sack Henry and are lining up predecessor Leonardo Jardim as a possible replacement.
It is claimed that Henry will be told in the next 48 hours that he is no longer the man to lead the Ligue 1 strugglers.
Jardim was sacked in October following a poor start to the season but his overall record across four years is vastly superior to Henry’s.
The 44-year-old took charge of 232 matches and Monaco were victorious in 125 of them, giving him an overall win percentage of 53.88. In comparison, Henry was won just 20 percent of his games so far.
Bad results have not been Henry’s only problem. He landed himself in hot water on Saturday when he called a player’s grandmother a ‘whore’ during Monaco’s 5-1 defeat by Strasbourg.
Henry was caught berating Kenny Lala from the touchline as the defender took a throw-in near the dugouts just before half-time.
He believed Lala was already wasting time with his side 2-1 up, and shouted: ‘It’s the 43rd minute, your grandmother’s whore.’
After being caught on camera abusing Lala, Henry took a moment during his press conference on Sunday to apologize for his comments.
‘It’s an expression of the street, unfortunately,’ he said. ‘I regret my comments from the bench. It was a human reaction, I’m still human. I regret it.
‘Sometimes I do it in English. Maybe in English it wouldn’t have been as noticeable. No, I’m joking. I should not do it.’
Monaco are 19th in the Ligue 1 table after 21 rounds of fixtures. They are already out of Europe and were eliminated from the French Cup by Metz on Tuesday.