Kenya confirms 8 more corona virus cases

The Ministry of Health has said that eight more people have confirmed to have the coronavirus, bringing the number to 15.

Of the Eight, five are Kenyan while two are French and one Mexican who arrived in the country through the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport

“We have received confirmation of additional 8 cases bringing the total number to 15, the persons are between 20 years (the youngest case) and 57 years old,” Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe said on Sunday.

CS Kagwe says the government is tracing 363 other persons that came into contact with patients now isolated, at Kenyatta National Hospital’s Infectious Disease Unit.
The virus has so far claimed 13,000 lives and infected 300,000 people globally.